Let’s get together – wherever you are!

Home Forums Discussion Let’s get together – wherever you are!

This topic contains 19 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Gordon Gordon 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of John
    John
    Keymaster

Let’s gather together for some uplifting, fun conversation! Thursday, January 12, at 9pm EST / 6pm PST, lasting about an hour.

We’ll start off watching the “Think Differently” video from the TMCYouth YouTube channel, and then enjoy wherever our conversation takes us. This isn’t a formal event – just an opportunity to gather, from wherever you are, for face-to-face sharing and inspiration. Bring any questions you’d like, or perhaps there’s a discussion going on in this forum that you’d like to toss around some more. Share ideas you’ve been loving, or just come with your enthusiasm for Life and make us all smile!

We’ll be gathering via video conference over the Google+ hangouts feature. If you don’t have a Google+ account, you can either get one really easily through your existing Gmail account, or sign up for a Gmail account and then proceed to Google+ (all free). These video hangouts support up to 10 people, so if you have a webcam, it’d be great to see you! Audio-only also works, and a chat window is supported for typing. You can also join via your smartphone or tablet – you’ll just need to download the Google+ app.

Check back on this thread at 9pm EST / 6pm PST, Thursday January 12, for the link which will allow you to join the hangout. I’ll post the link as a new post on this same thread. If you sign up for email notifications (below the ‘Reply’ box) you’ll be sure to not miss the link for the hangout.

If we end up having a full hangout and you can’t enter, just let me know by posting into this thread and we’ll start another hangout!

If you have questions (or comments, or enthusiasm) anytime prior, please post them here – I’d love to make sure this is as easy and accessible as possible! If it doesn’t make sense how to start a Google+ account, no worries, just send me a private message through T4T.

I look forward to seeing you Thursday! Enjoy this excellent gift of a day!

-Post edited to reflect the current upcoming hangout, to avoid confusion :-)

Profile photo of Gordon
    Gordon
    Participant

I should be free on Thursday at 8. I’ll see you there! (My only question is: is there really a limit of only 10 people on Google+? That seems low.)

Profile photo of John
    John
    Keymaster

Awesome, Gordon!

Yes, as far as I can tell, the consensus is that G+ only supports 10 for a hangout – but we can always start another one if there’s a desire for it!

Thanks for jumping on board – it’ll be good to see you there :)

Profile photo of Bradford
    Bradford
    Participant

Thanks for getting this going John and for including me. I look forward to seeing where this goes.

Profile photo of itsaboutgood
    itsaboutgood
    Participant

I’m dizzone.

Profile photo of John
    John
    Keymaster

Tell your friends! Looking forward to seeing y’all Thursday :-)

Enjoy this wonderful day!

Profile photo of Gordon
    Gordon
    Participant

John, I just found out today that I may have to cancel on you after all. I mentor a child through the Big Brothers Big Sisters program each week, and I found out today that my “little brother” has his Middle School band concert on Thursday night, and obviously that takes precedence for me over this. I’m not 100% on the timing of it, so if there’s any way I can do both I’ll try to, but we’ll see.

Profile photo of John
    John
    Keymaster

No worries, Gordon. I’m really glad you do BBBS – it makes a huge difference for the kids (and the mentors!). Enjoy that concert, and if you make it to the hangout, we’ll love to hear of how it all was!

Profile photo of John
    John
    Keymaster

Hi friends! Just a reminder to check back on this thread at 6pm PST / 9pm EST for the web address for accessing the hangout tonight!

It sounds like the email feature has been temporarily disabled on Time4Thinkers, while the wonderful tech crew sorts out a recent challenge with spam, so if you have any questions about getting started with Google+, just post them in this thread and I’ll get back to you soon.

See you this evening! Enjoy this gift of a day.

Profile photo of John
    John
    Keymaster

https://talkgadget.google.com/hangouts/c805846c01e4f6eac38496ee62708b2d3a240074?authuser=0&hl=en-US&source=1#

Come on over! Looking forward to seeing you there :-)

If it says it’s full, just post a new post here and we’ll set up a new one!

Profile photo of John
    John
    Keymaster

Hey, just a quick recap: awesome times! Thanks everyone for supporting this event, and those of us who came loved getting to know each other more and sharing some great insights. I’ll look forward to seeing you all next time! And in the meantime, have a wonderful evening :-)

Profile photo of Gordon
    Gordon
    Participant

You too, John! It was fun. Great idea. :)
    Here’s a shot of the group, with the focus on Josh Niles.

P.S. Note to side moderators: any chance you can turn on the image tags in these forums? Or is that too dangerous?

Profile photo of John
    John
    Keymaster

How about gathering on Thursday, January 12, for another hangout? Starting at 9pm EST / 6pm PST, we can get together over live video conference using the Google+ hangout feature – see the first post in this thread for a brief overview of how G+ hangouts work. If you don’t have a webcam, audio only is also supported, and there’s also a chat box.

Those of us who joined in last month really enjoyed the spontaneous nature of our conversation – topics were raised that brought a new light and new views to each of us. Our conversation ranged from feeling confidence in our own individual studies and practice of Christian Science, to sharing Christian Science in fresh ways and opportunities, to discussing the nature and relevance of time in healing.

Just like a great potluck, the more we bring to the table, the more we’re all filled up! It’d be great to have you join in and share your stories, ask your questions, and just enjoy each other’s company. This won’t be a recorded event. As always, if you have any questions or comments about this ahead of time, please post them here! And make sure to check back on Thursday, January 12, right around 9pm EST / 6pm PST for the specific link to the hangout. Mark it on your calendars – look forward to seeing you there!

Oh – and, this is a distinct event from the new Real Talk on Sunday, January 15 – isn’t it great that we have all these opportunities for getting together and cherishing each other?!

Enjoy this great day! See you soon :-)

Profile photo of Gordon
    Gordon
    Participant

I probably won’t be able to make it to this one… our branch church has our quarterly business meeting that evening and those tend to run pretty late. Hope you gals and guys have fun!

Profile photo of John
    John
    Keymaster

Hey, just a reminder about the hangout this coming Thursday, January 12, at 9pm EST / 6pm PST! I’ll post another reminder on Thursday, and then make sure to check this thread at the start time for the specific link to the hangout (which will direct you immediately to the hangout, or encourage you to sign in with your Google+ account and then join).

Enjoy this great day – look forward to seeing you soon!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.