Prayerwatch

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Annette-D Annette-D 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Isabella
    Isabella
    Participant

Is there no prayerwatch for the people in Somalia right now? I can’t find it on here.
    If not, let’s do it here. What thoughts do you have?

Profile photo of Amy
    A.m.y
    Participant

Thanks for starting this Prayer Watch.

To join in, I opened up my Science and Health and my eyes fell on this:

“Can God furnish a table in the wilderness?” What cannot God do?

I’m with you in this Prayer Watch!

Profile photo of Abigail
    Abigail
    Participant

Each Sunday in church we pray the Lord’s Prayer: ‘Give us this day our daily bread’ We can expect to see the results of this prayer. We can know that God does give everyone their ‘daily bread’ He is always providing for them.

Abigail

Profile photo of Annette-D
    Annette-D

In thinking about the people of Somalia today, the story of Hagar came to thought. (see Gen 21:17-19) God heard the voice of the lad, the Bible says. All of God’s ideas are precious to Him, not one is left out of the full on abundance and care of divine Love.

Because man is God’s reflection, he is, always has been, and always will be equipped w/ all he needs.

Profile photo of Amy
    A.m.y
    Participant

This week’s Bible Lesson on Truth is so on target…reading it is like giving a treatment to this world situation. I love thinking about all the Christian Scientists around the globe reading it…supporting help and healing in Somalia.

Profile photo of Jenny
    Jenny
    Participant

Todays “Daily Lift” on christianscience.com brings a healing message helping us pray about this situation…”A prayer for Somalians” with Ron Ballard. Here’s the link: http://christianscience.com/lectures/2011/07/22/a-prayer-for-somalians/

Annette-D

Thanks for pointing that out JennyL! In the editorial in the CSM yesterday (Shake off ‘donor fatigue’) overpopulation stood out to me. Like Ron Ballard pointed out in his daily lift, it looks like drought is the problem, but he addressed the political conflict. In thinking about overpopulation it occurs to me that in the universe of infinite Spirit, there is plenty of room for all of Spirit’s ideas to thrive and live abundantly. With God, there is always enough to go around.

Profile photo of David
    David-B
    Participant

I’ve been thinking about this quote this morning from Romans: “But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:” And I’m thinking about sin as just anything that is lacking…such as proper weather conditions or political stability. So even in that moment of complete desperation, there’s a law of grace that much more abounds — is very present —, helping and healing.

Profile photo of Isabella
    Isabella
    Participant

I read in Retrospection and Introspection today that sin actually was a concept before human consciousness was aware of it and that sin isn’t a concept of man but mortal man is a concept that sin came up with. So the mortal dream isn’t something that I have to get rid of. I found that quite helpful because it ensures us that we don’t have to identify with a false image that sin made up, while even sin isn’t real anyway. If the dream comes up with new dreams in itself we are just not touched by that. I don’t feel it when anybody dreams something bad about me, that doesn’t change my real being. So whatever sin might be in this case, any kind of lack, these people just don’t feel it, they are in perfect harmony and full awareness of their spiritual identity and their oneness with Love.

Annette-D

I love this phrase in your post Isabella: “…when anybody dreams something bad about me, that doesn’t change my real being.”

I just love that idea! All of the false concepts in the world can’t change the truth of man’s being.

That’s so powerful!

Annette

Profile photo of Amy
    A.m.y
    Participant
    Profile photo of Amy
    A.m.y
    Participant
    Annette-D

I love this combination of passages from section 4 of the lesson this week on the topic of Somalia:

“If there be dearth in the land, if there be pestilence, if there be blasting, or mildew, locusts, or caterpillars; if their enemies besiege them in the cities of their land; whatsoever sore or whatsoever sickness there be: Then hear thou from the heavens their prayer and their supplication, and maintain their cause.” II Chron 6:28,35

Then the whole S&H section that follows it, is really perfect. In part, “The Science of Mind disposes of all evil….The God-principle is omnipresent and omnipotent. God is everywhere, and nothing apart from Him is present or has power.” SH p 473:4 (only), 7-10

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘Healing and Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.